Cleaning Up Inventory and Fulfillment
Challenge: This firm was regularly missing its end-of-month and end-of-quarter sales goals due to logistics failures, and on-time order fulfillment was at 75% of requirements. Mach 1’s analysis identified challenges such as poor inventory management, lack of consistent cycle accounts, and no inventory checks and balances in put-away and pick processes, which resulted in missed and crossed shipments.
Key Facts & Figures
- 30,000 s.f. operation
- Control Tower to stream communications through supply chain
- 100+ outbound orders per day
- 100% on-time inbound receiving
- 99.5% order fulfillment
- Decreased claims by properly packaging product for land, air, and sea movement.
- Cleaned/organized 5S warehouse with responsive material handlers and operators
- Increased visibility of inventory with segregation of new and used equipment
- On-time order fulfillment averages 99.5%
- Decreased receiving process from 48 to 24 hours
- Strategically placed warehouse in PIT for USA distribution
- Integrated order management and supply chain processes
Ready to ship?
Get started with Mach 1 Global Services today!