Delivering Flexibility and Visibility
Challenge: This medical device manufacturer had multiple transportation and logistics vendors with limited visibility and information, which created confusion and wasted time. Cargo was being delivered by other carriers to the McAllen cross dock only, rather than to the company’s plant in Reynosa, Mexico. Moreover, the transit schedules for expedited shipments offered by other carriers were inflexible, and they did not offer cross dock and forwarding services. Mach 1 offered just one solution.
Key Facts & Figures
- Saved the customer over $50,000 a year by streamlining the solution
- Decreased transit times by 7 days by selecting a better routing option
- Eliminated demurrage charges by selecting the right drayage carrier
- 99% on-time deliveries
- Improved visibility by creating a weekly tracking solution accessible via web portal
- Cargo delivered all the way to Reynosa plant in Mexico, gaining 4 to 6 hours in the process versus delivering in McAllen
- Created flexible transit options for “HOT” shipments by finding solutions through customs processes and also using dedicated trucks versus rail
- Moved cross dock to local Mach 1 facility, allowing the company to have “one-stop shop” source for this process and streamlining the solution
Ready to ship?
Get started with Mach 1 Global Services today!